If you are in search for an excellent tip to stop smoking, your search ends right here. We understand that it is a difficult task for a smoker to stop this addiction and so we have provided a compilation of some of the most effective tips to stop smoking from which you could benefit.
By not regularly following this tip to stop smoking, many smokers resume their addiction after brief non-smoking spells. So it is essential that you follow these tips to stop smoking if you are seriously committed towards giving it up.
Of course, the first good reason is your health. While the risk of suffering from lung cancer or heart attack is greatly reduced, you will experience positive effects such as increased lung capacity and stamina. Other tips to stop smoking include:
- Be serious with your non-smoking commitment and try to curb the desire to smoke by performing some other activity whenever you experience the strong urge to smoke.
- Do not be discouraged if you are unable to control yourself and resume smoking. Many attempts are required to yield fruitful results.
- Try phasing it out by minimizing the cigarette smoking over a period of time instead of cutting it down to zero in a single shot
- Think of your loved ones and what it means to them if your health is adversely affected or when they are subjected to passive smoking in your company
- Try to avoid the company of fellow-smokers as much as you can
- Try to surround yourself with people who encourage you to stop smoking
- Throw away that pack of cigarettes and have your pockets empty
- Develop a creative hobby which keeps you mentally occupied
- You can also try smoking cessation therapy and join forum of likeminded people who wish to stop smoking